Short Stay Home
To help women who have been victimized by the society by providing short stay facility assuring them their safety and security.
- Women being forced into commercial sex work.
- Leaving home due to family discord or marital discord.
- Sexually assaulted and not accepted by the family.
- Females between the age group of 15 to 35. SC/ST, minority/disabled women.
- Temporary accommodation to women coming to town to attend court cases or their legal matters.
- Children accompanying the mother or born in the Home up to the age of 7 years.
- The list of Short Stay Homes in the State is attached in Annexure-5.
Facilities provided in the SHORT STAY HOME
- Children accompanying the mother or born in the institution may be permitted to stay in the home till the age of 7 years, after which they may be transferred to children's institutions or provided foster care facilities.
- The Home should have an average of 30 residents at a time, with facilities for a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 40 residents. Efforts have to be made, however, to give individual attention and treatment to each case. The number of residents therefore, should be controlled by this very vital over riding clause.
Conditions for Grants
Recurring grant is released in two instalments of Rs 93,650/- and Rs 93,650/- respectively, subject to cent percent utilisation of previous grant as per schematic pattern. Non-recurring grant is sanctioned only once at the time of starting a new Short Stay Home.