State Commission for Protection of Child rights
In pursuance of Section 17 of the Commission for Protection of Child Rights Act, 2005, Orissa State Commission for Protection of Child Right(OSCPCR) has been constituted with effect from 30.09.2010.
The present State Commission for Protection of Child Rights(OSCPCR) consists of:-
|Sl. No.||Name||Designation||Mobile No.||E-mail Id|
|1||Ms. Sandhyabati Pradhan||Chairpersonemail@example.com|
|2||Ms. Gitanjali Bastia||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Smt. Nibedita Nayak||Memberemail@example.com|
|4||Smt. Sunanda Kumari Pati||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Sri Harihar Naik||Memberemail@example.com|
Secretary of the State Commission for Protection of Child Right (OSCPCR):-
Smt. Debajani Dhal, OAS-1(SB)
Phone Number - 9437212904
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Detail of the Office:-
Odisha State Commission for Protection of Child Right (OSCPCR), Quarter No-A-1,
Pin - 751001
Land Line Tel - (0674) 2394041
FAX No - (0674) 2394043
Email - OSCPCR2012@gmail.com / OSCPCRod@nic.in
Role of OSCPCR:-
- To safeguard the rights, privileges, complaints
- Inquiries & Investigation relating to Violations of Child Rights
- Review of Safeguards for Protection of Child Rights
- Research, Studies and Data Analysis
- Examining Factors Inhibiting Enjoyment of Child Rights
- Looking into Matters relating to Children in need of Special Care & Protection
- Inspection of Juvenile Custodial Homes/Child Care Institutions
- Child Rights Literacy & Awareness
- Promoting Child Participation
Powers of OSCPCR:-
All the powers of a Civil Court trying a suit under the code of Civil Procedure,1908) including:
- Summoning and enforcing the attendance of any person and examining him on oath.
- Discovery and production of any document.
- Receiving evidence on affidavits.
- Requisitioning any public record or copy thereof from any Court or office, and.
- Issuing commissions for the examination of witnesses or documents
- To forward any case to a Magistrate having jurisdiction to try the same and the Magistrate to whom any such case is forwarded shall proceed to hear the complaint against the accused as if the case has been forwarded to him under section 346 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973.
- To recommend the concerned Govt. or authority for initiation of proceedings for prosecution or such other action as the Commission may deem fit against the concerned person or persons.
- To approach the Supreme Court or the High Court concerned for such directions, orders or writs as that Court may deem necessary.
- To recommend to the concerned govt. or authority for the grant of such interim relief to the victim or the members of his family as the Commission may consider necessary.